Saturday, July 08, 2006

I Am and Anti-Choice Extremist: Thoughts on Abortion

Let me start this article off with a notice: I am not without sin myself, but I constantly ask for God’s Mercy. Anyone can repent of any sin, even at the moment before death. I pray everyday for the VICTIMS of Abortion. The first VICTIMS, of course, are the unborn Children who were never given a chance to live. The second VICTIMS are the mothers. These women are often (not always) misled by EVIL organizations such as Planned Parenthood. Who under the guise of “choice” are convincing women to have abortions…to murder their child? Absurdity…Insanity…I had to get that off my chest. I always pray for the child and the mother together:

Lord Jesus, have mercy on the poor innocent souls who are with you in heaven. Please also let me pray for the conversion and repentance of their mothers so that they may some day be reunited with their child in heaven. Amen

I would be remiss if I did not include resources for women and men (as I will change my prayer to include the fathers) who have had an abortion and are reaching out for an understanding heart, who will not try to justify the abortion, but lead one to healing. Try Rachaels Vineyard by calling 877 HOPE 4 ME (877 467 3463) and checking out http://www.rachelsvineyard.org/.

Why do people have abortions? Why not adoption. In the year 2000, approximately 1.3 million children were killed through abortion, and approximately 1.3 million people were waiting to adopt children. The number of children released for adoption was a mere 35,000 (statistics by National Council for Adoption; see Randy Alcorn, Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments, 2nd ed., p. 122). Is it because of selfishness? Does society tell us that it’s ok. 2000+ years ago, before The National Organization of Women (http://www.now.org/) or Planned Parenthood (http://www.plannedparenthood.org) (click on the choice mag drop down and click on eye on extremists as the link would not fit in my blog) started their propaganda, calling PRO-Lifers “Anti-Choice Extremists”, our Church fathers told us about abortion and the importance of life (even before birth): “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I consecrated you…” Jeremiah 1:5. The Catechism tells us in #2271:
“God, the Lord of life has entrusted to men the noble mission of safeguarding life, and men must carry it out in a manner worthy of themselves. Life must be protected with the utmost care from the moment of conception: abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes.”
Catechism # 2272 orders excommunication as a penalty. It further states that this is not an attempt to restrict mercy, rather “make clear the gravity of the crime committed…” While not an expert on this, I would assume the church would offer absolution for those who asked for it as an alternative to excommunication. Beyond judgment from the church, the unabsolved and unrepented soul will have much more to face at his/her judgement. 1 John 3: 7-8 says “Children, let no one deceive you. The person who acts in righteousness is righteous, just as he is righteous. Whoever sins belongs to the devil, because the devil has sinned from the beginning. Indeed, the Son of God was revealed to destroy the works of the devil.” I say to you, the “Left Wing” organizations that support, demand, and welcome abortion are misleading the world.

Please check out the link to the planned parenthood website (reference above). The link take you to the “Extremists” section. No, not Osamma, not Sadaam, Hilter…LEX LUTHER? NO! Father FRANK PAVONE of Priests for life (http://www.priestsforlife.org/). Father Pavone, the so-called extremist, is the founder of Priests for life. [Now Blessed] Mother Theresa, hardly a figure of violence in the world wrote this:
"I hope that many priests and deacons will join the Priests for Life.."(Blessed) Mother Teresa of Calcutta, January 24, 1995 letter to Priests for Life

Planned Parentood lumps him in with clinic bombers and would be assassins of Abortionists. This is propaganda to lump any and all pro lifers as “crazy” and “backwards”. You can label me as an “anti-choice”, but that does not change the fact that abortion does not offer choice. WHAT ABOUT THE CHILD. Please check out a story about one of these children (http://www.tedharvey.com/gianna.htm) and a hero who brought out her story, Ted Harvey. Think a little closer to home, very close. If the “fetus” is only tissue, look in the mirror. You were once “tissue”. If your parents had gone to an “aborturary” and had you “removed”, you would not be reading this article.

What are we, as Catholics to do. We have an OBLIGATION to talk with our VOTES. I am a registered Republican, so, of course, I must start within my own party. While it is my impression that the Republican party is much more Pro-life, it still has many “Fence Sitters”, who dance around the issue. As for the Democratic Party, what can I say? John Kerry almost became President. What would a PRO-CHOICE Catholic president who receives Holy Communion say about the state of the Catholic Church in America? God save us. President Bush, who is always welcomed to join us in coming home to the Catholic Church, has done much for the PRO-LIFE movement. Of course, all he get’s is flack. Enjoy it MR. Bush, bear that Cross, and let us help you carry it. Let’s keep pushing the issue when it comes to abortion. Pray, vote, and stand up for our rights and the rights of our children (born or unborn).

As this article is going way too long, I will wrap up with a few words from the heart. People will call me names, persecute me, and even wish me harm for thinking this way and writing this article. To them, I say, I love you and pray for you.
“Whoever does not love remains in death. Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life remaining in him” 1 John 3: 14-15.
I will not allow you to make me hate you. No one on earth is worth giving up my soul for. To the children of the world and especially my children, I say: “I love you more than life itself. I would GLADLY suffer and die for you!” I look at my children, and cannot come up with any reason why they are not ABSOLUTE BLESSINGS to my life. They are why I was put on earth. I weep, at the thought that I could have easily walked into an “abortuary” and eliminated any or all of them—for a small fee of course. Amazingly enough, you can kill your unborn child, but don’t think of killing a Kangaroo Rat. Person vs Rat (Rat wins)!

1 comment:

MissHailey said...

Thank you for this wonderful post.